Kathleen J. Owens- Registered Investment Adviser Representative: Fiduciary
Kathleen has focused her practice towards working with women. Special planning is needed to address the unique circumstances that most women face. Even if a woman is married, it is critical to provide extra attention to planning for the woman’s retirement needs. Women typically: live longer, have additional duties as caregivers to children and parents which may affect their earning potential. In addition, women most often earn less than their male counterparts. These “challenges” make financial planning and investment management for women imperative.
Kathleen began her career in finance in 2003, working in a family office setting in the La Jolla-Rancho Santa Fe-Del Mar area of Southern California. She then joined Morgan Stanley Wealth Management as a financial advisor and gained valuable experience working for one of the largest global wealth management firm.
Desiring to be a true fiduciary to her clients, Kathleen transitioned to working for a registered investment advisory firm. Registered investment advisors are fiduciaries and are required to always act in the best interest of their clients. Kathleen founded Aurora Financial Planning & Investment Management with the goal of working with women and their families to provide clarity, structure and goals for their financial journey.
Kathleen holds the following securities registration, examinations, educational, professional designations & affiliations:
- Series 66-Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Previously Held: Series 7-General Securities Representative Qualification Examination
- California Life, Accident & Health, Variable Contract Insurance License #01I0058
- Certified Financial Planner candidate
- UCLA Extension-Personal Financial Planning Certificate Program
- Yale University- Financial Markets Certificate
- Northeastern University D’Amore-McKim School of Business, MBA GPA 4.0 (completed 9 of 17 units)
- BS Business Administration, GPA 4.0, Summa cum laude
- Barron’s Top Independent Women’s Financial Advisor Summit: 2016 & 2017.
- Barron’s Advisory Board member.